With new clothing trends being thrown at us continuously (floral, tinsel, capelets, puffers, lace, velvet, statement belt/bag/shoes whatever – to name a few) you may have found yourself staring at your wardrobe picking up a beloved cardi and going is this still in? Can I still wear this? Don’t panic because cardigans have always been in and will always be in. Cardigans are classic, and classic is forever, therefore cardigans are forever!
Cardigans are like the lazy man’s jacket – kinda like a jacket but lighter, softer and fluffier. They are extremely versatile, come in different colours and fabrics (so there’s lots to choose from), and can be worn with almost every outfit! Here are my top 8 reasons explaining why cardigans are forever!
- A cooler alternative to jackets: jackets tend to be big, heavy and worn in the dead of winter (can I get a ‘Straya mate’?) – while cardi’s are light, thin and great for Autumn and Spring
- Used to cover them shoulders: when you need to cover your shoulders in that strappy dress or to keep tabs on slightly flabby arms (can hear every girl ever sighing on this one)
- Used to cover everything: drape front/loose cardi’s are the best on those bloated, ‘omg did I morph into a whale in my sleep’ days!
- An adorkable addition – geekly chic is in!
- Always on trend – they adapt to different trends, not into geeky – how about hipster?
- Can be dressed up – go business or formal
- Can be dressed down – go casual
- Big, warm and fuzzy! For when it’s cold and/or nap time!