Exodus Wear have started to produce a lot more garments for dance schools of late which has been lots of fun because we get to do very different designs compared to what we normally do for high school. Dance schools that compete in professional dance competitions are always looking for something that will give them the edge and help them stand out; that is where our jackets come in.
Dubbo Ballet School approached us recently to design a jacket and the main feature they wanted was for it to be bright. In particular they had found two pieces of bright coloured paper – one in yellow and one in blue, that they wanted us to try and match. We are always up for a challenge so we asked them to send us the pieces of paper and scoured through all our swatch books until we could find the closest material. Below is a scan of the actual pieces of paper they sent us and then below are the photos of the pre-production sample. The colours of the actual jacket are so close to the sample paper provided; we received fantastic feedback from the client!
The design features:
- Dubbo Ballet School logo embroidered left chest
- School initials applied as satin look applique on right chest
- Heat Transfer of ‘Dubbo Ballet’ text on back
- Number applied as satin look applique with embroidered text on top of applique
- Heat transfer star design applied to body
- Custom lining printed with dancer silhouettes